The Heart of our Program
The core elements listed below form the foundation of the St. Mary Religious Education Program. With these we seek to cultivate the hearts, minds, and souls of our students to their fullest potential from First Grade thru High School.
- Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture are the two components making up our Catholic Faith.
- Traditional Catholic Doctrine faithful to the magesterium of the Church is taught.
- The promotion of frequent reception of the Sacraments of Penance and Holy Eucharist is stressed.
- Devotion to our Blessed Mother Mary is encouraged because she is the Mother of God and a strong advocate for us.
- Studying the lives of the saints gives us examples of people with great virtue and love of Christ.
- We take very seriously the program of preparation for being good disciples in the Church. Our Catechists receive year-round training and continued formation.
- We hold very highly our responsibility to teach our children active charity for others, to truly become a leaven for our society.
- The importance of prayer (Holy Hours, the Rosary, Novenas, and participation in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass) is stressed as a source for growth in the spiritual life.
We love our parents!
As stated in documents of Vatican II, “As it is the parents who have given life to their children, on them lies the gravest obligation of educating their family. They must, therefore, be recognized as being primarily and principally responsible for their education.” Vatican II Declaration of Christian Education.
We will do all that is necessary to support the parents as primary teachers of the faith to their children.
Schedule of Classes Offered – Registration Begins in June
Grades 1 – 8
Monday through Wednesday 4:45 – 6:00 pm
Monday through Wednesday 6:30 – 7:45 pm
Tuesday at Holy Cross Academy 6:00 – 7:15 pm
Grades 1 – 2 , RCIC, First Communion Prep and Confirmation Prep Year I & II
Monday 6:30 – 7:45 pm
If you have ANY questions about your child’s religious education or sacrament preparation requirements, please contact Karen Sturtevant or Harris Lucas in the Religious Education office.
Register early and save money. Register in July and the cost is $45 per student / $100 for 3 or more students from the same family. Register in August and the cost is $50 per student / $125 for 3 or more students. Register in September and the cost is $60 per student / $175 for 3 or more students.
There is a $20 fee for Year I Confirmation candidates. There is a $50 fee for year II Confirmation candidates. It covers the retreat, facilitator fee, food and Confirmation robe. There is a $20 fee for Year II First Communion and RCIC candidates. This fee covers extra books and activities.
Fees are due at time of registration unless other arrangements are made through the Religious Education Office. Payments may be made by cash or check, we do not accept debit or credit cards.
Click here to join Flocknote to get text and email notifications when RE classes or church events are canceled. After creating an account, join the group ‘Religious Education’. Or text ‘StMaryFredRE’ to 84576 to automatically receive text messages when RE Classes are canceled.