* All are invited to attend our annual Week of Prayer for Christian Unity prayer service with Bishop Loverde at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, Arlington, Tuesday, January 19 at 7pm. Please join us!
* March For Life: This year’s March will be held on Friday, January 22, to commemorate the 43rd Anniversary of Roe v. Wade. Please see page 13 for transportation details. Please plan to join your parish family in this peaceful protest against abortion.
* It’s time for each and every registered family to consider how they plan to support the work of the Catholic Church in the annual Bishop’s Lenten Appeal: If we reflect on the mission that Jesus has given us, and the words of Pope Francis, the Church is uniquely placed y God to be his agent of mercy and change, to heal our world. Prayerfully think of how you will respond to this call. Commitment Sunday will be February 6-7 at all Masses. Your generosity is what makes our Church’s response possible. “Go forth as heralds of God’s mercy!”
* Mark your calendars for February 17 and join Saint Mary if you can in Richmond for Catholics in the Capitol as we meet with our legislators and attend the Bishops’ Vespers service at Sacred Heart Cathedral (see p. 9). We need to know if you plan to come by January 25. Thanks.
* We’re doing something special for the Year of Mercy: Parish Mercy Penance Service, Wednesday, February 24. Please plan to come, details to follow soon.