* Our Parish Ice Cream Social, Cakewalk and Dance is Sunday Afternoon, September 14. Enter the contest for best decorated cakes: most creative, most delicious looking, most
authentically “kid-made”. Cakes must arrive for judging by 4:30pm. Dance to live music and chill.
* Our Manna Food Project is also the weekend of September 13-14. Please bring non-perishable food donations to the van outside church all weekend for the Fredericksburg Area Food Bank.
* Parish Life Weekend is the following weekend, September 20-21. Watch your mail for our Parish Renewal Handbook with ministry catalog and prayerfully consider which ministry might be perfectly suited for you this year. Everyone, please get involved!
* First Friday is this Friday and we will have our customary Mass at 8pm followed by all-night adoration. Please plan to come, adore, and pray:for safety for Christians, for peace, for justice and for life. If you can, please sign up on the sheet in the vestibule of the church.
* SCRIP is on sale this weekend in the Parish Life Center after all Masses except Saturday 7pm and Sunday 2pm. Please use SCRIP and help our school.
His Beatitude Louis Rafael Sako, Chaldean Catholic Patriarch of Iraq, has asked the world to pray with him for Christians and religious minorities who face unspeakable suffering in Iraq, Syria, Egypt and other countries:
The plight of our country is deep and the suffering of Christians is severe and frightening. Therefore, we ask you Lord to spare our lives, and grant us patience and courage, to continue our witness of Christian values with trust and hope. Lord, peace is the foundation of life; Grant us the peace and stability that will enable us to live with each other without fear and anxiety,and with dignity and joy. Glory be to you forever.