* The second collection this weekend is for the Parish Building Fund. To explain to newer parishioners, and as a reminder for all of us: this monthly collection is a commitment we made seven years ago when we began the renovation of our church and all buildings on the parish property. Rather than have a capital campaign with a five-year pledge, we decided to pay off the debt with a $48K monthly mortgage payment over the next ten years. So far we have paid about $900K thanks to this monthly collection. An easy way to remember to help with this is by giving electronically through Faith Direct. Thank you for your generosity.
* Please join us Tuesday evening, November 22 for our annual Ecumenical Thanksgiving Prayer Service this year being hosted at St. Mary. Pastor Larry Davies from Fredericksburg United Methodist Church will preside. All are welcome.
* Don’t forget we have one, very special Thanksgiving Day Mass at 10am when we all gather and give thanks to God. As a sign of our gratitude we have a Food Collection for the Fredericksburg Food Bank. Bring bags of nonperishable foods, keep them with you in the pews and at the Offertory everyone brings the food forward and it is placed all around the altar as our offering. There will be no 6:30-9am Masses on Thanksgiving.
* Our annual State LARCUM Conference will be held on Dec 2-3 in Ashland, Virginia on the campus of Randolph-Macon College. Dr. Joseph Small will speak on the the need for a proper response to the Reformation today. Registration is still open, forms are in the parish office.
* The CCW will hold its annual Mini Bazaar on Sunday December 4, 8am until Noon. Stop by and pick up a few last minute stocking stuffers!
* Parish directories have arrived! Please stop by the parish office after 2pm Monday–Friday to pick up your copy. The 2016 Parish Directories are available to those individuals and families who participated in the program.