* Parish Life Weekend is this weekend. Take advantage of our time to visit with ministry leaders and representatives outside under the tents about various ministries — and choose one for your commitment this year. Remember to bring your commitment card to Masses next weekend, December 27-28 for Commitment Sunday. This is the time of year when we make an account of our activity and make resolutions of prayer, service and support of our parish mission.
* Adult formation classes start in earnest this week and next. Please look in the bulletin for information – most require registration in advance! One Bible Study begins this Thursday, and next week one on Wednesday and two more on Thursday begin.
* Fr. Mealey’s presentation on Marriage and the Annulment Process will be held Thursday evening, Oct. 2. Please, if you or someone you know needs to come back to the
sacraments, plan to attend. Also, Our presentation on Life Decisions is coming again on Saturday, Oct. 4. Please see p. 8 for details.
* Don’t forget the Saint Francis Feast Day Animal Blessing on Saturday, October 4 in the parking lot in front of the church.
* SCRIP is on sale this weekend in the Parish Life Center after all Masses except Saturday 7pm and Sunday 2pm. Please use SCRIP and help our school.
His Beatitude Louis Rafael Sako, Chaldean Catholic Patriarch of Iraq, has asked the world to pray with him for Christians and religious minorities who face unspeakable suffering in Iraq, Syria, Egypt and other countries:
The plight of our country is deep and the suffering of Christians is severe and frightening. Therefore, we ask you Lord to spare our lives, and grant us patience and courage, to continue our witness of Christian values with trust and hope. Lord, peace is the foundation of life; Grant us the peace and stability that will enable us to live with each other without fear and anxiety, and with dignity and joy. Glory be to you forever.