Express Announcements ~ September 28, 2014
* Commitment Sunday is today. Remember to offer your commitment card at Masses this weekend. If you forgot, please mail it in or bring it to the office. Thanks. We ask everyone in the parish to make a positive commitment to living faith in love.
* More adult formation classes are starting this week. Please look in the bulletin for information – one Bible Study begins on Wednesday and two more begin on Thursday.
* Both Fr. Mealey’s presentation on Marriage and the Annulment Process (Thursday evening, Oct. 2) and our Seminar on Life Decisions (Saturday, Oct. 4) will be held depending upon response. At the time of this printing, we have not had any registrations. If you wish to attend, please call the office and leave your contact
information so we may notify you if the meetings are to be held at a later date.
* Don’t forget the Saint Francis Feast Day Animal Blessing next Saturday, October 4, in the parking lot on the office side in front of the church by the statue of Saint Francis.
* SCRIP is on sale this weekend in the Parish Life Center after all Masses except Saturday 7pm and Sunday 2pm. Please use SCRIP and help our school.
His Beatitude Louis Rafael Sako, Chaldean Catholic Patriarch of Iraq, has asked the world to pray with him for Christians and religious minorities who face unspeakable suffering in Iraq, Syria, Egypt and other countries:
The plight of our country is deep and the suffering of Christians is severe and frightening. Therefore, we ask you Lord to spare our lives, and grant us patience and courage, to continue our witness of Christian values with trust and hope. Lord, peace is the foundation of life; Grant us the peace and stability that will enable us to live with each other without fear and anxiety, and with dignity and joy. Glory be to you forever.